In 2019 and 2020, NSW Farmers delivered the NSW Farm Safety Advisory Pilot Program, funded by SafeWork NSW. The pilot highlighted the need for specialised assistance to help farming businesses meet their employment obligations by:
- 83% of participants either not having developed their business work health and safety or feeling like they needed help in developing the framework.
- 56% of participants not having an emergency plan for their business,
- 45% of participants had not discussed work health and safety issues with their staff and
- 38% of participants did not have any work health and safety policies in place for their business.
The businesses completing the pilot program found:
- For over 70%, it was the first time they had received on-farm advice and assistance in developing their work health and safety framework.
- 97% of farmers felt their understanding of work health and safety increased through the program.
- 97% of farmers felt the visit helped their business comply with obligations.
- 97% of farmers would recommend this program to other farming businesses.
Our friendly advisors are ready to help – for more information or to make an enquiry click here